Ruby on Rails SWE
"The harder I work, the luckier I get".
For the first time ever, TailorWell is taking the world of employee benefits and turning it upside down. And there is a dynamic, committed group of TailorWellians who are creating a consumer-focused online experience to break through the bureaucratic red tape associated with the benefits industry. In short, we're reinventing the way employee benefits are selected, purchased and managed.
Our small, high-skilled development team is at the center of this effort. It's a team that isn't afraid to say what they think, seek a better way and work together to make the impossible possible. We're looking for a Ruby on Rails SWE to join our group as we work together to change the face of employee benefits.
Skills & Requirements
These are the things we're looking for in our teammate:
Hands on experience with:
* Developing customer facing web applications with the Rails framework and Ruby language
* TDD and BDD frameworks including RSpec, or equivalent
* The full application stack from the application to the database layer
* Technical leadership in an Agile environment and able to onboard engineers who may not have had previous experience working with Agile processes or the Ruby/Rails stack
* IT infrastructure planning and development, designing, integrating and implementing web architectures
* Deploying, running, monitoring, and scaling a 24/7 high traffic production web applications
Better put on your hip waders, there's more:
* Comfortable with close collaboration with a team of committed and passionate product and domain experts
* Ability to hold your own in conversations with your teammates
* Flexibility in a dynamic work environment and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
* Patience. It's more than a virtue. It's the way we work as a team
* Analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
* An impeccable sense of customer service
* Work well under pressure and meet deadlines as required
* Organize and prioritize work
* Ability to make sound judgments, when policy is not specific, according to established guidelines 5+ years of experience with Ruby and/or other languages
* BA/BS in Computer Science or Mathematics or equivalent
If you are interested, please go to cambiahealth.com/careers
and apply to job #648393
TailorWell employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia Health Solutions is a nonprofit total health solutions company with community roots dating back to 1917. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers' engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and well-being of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.